Concertina Razor Wire and Barbed Wire are 2 most commonly used security elements all around the world. Although they both serve similar purposes such as boundary protection, animal crossing or trespassing; but they have different features. At Al Miqat Hardware, through this blog, we will discuss about what both these elements are, its uses and application and which is more suitable.
Let’s begin by understanding the frequency of usage of both these elements. By far Barbed Wire is most widely used. Some of the reasons are as below
- Barbed Wire is cheaper than Concertina Razor Wire
- Barbed Wire is preferred for most application unless high grade security is of importance
- For only impressing boundaries, Barbed Wire is practical.
- Barbed Wire has low level of deterrence.
Concertina Razor Wire
Concertina Razor Wire is made up of high tensile core wire and a punched steel tape with sharp barbs at close intervals uniformly. The razor tape is cold crimped tightly onto the spring steel core, and finally into rolls for easy transport and deployment. And there are many styles of coils and blades that can be used in different environments. The wire is exceedingly hard to cut utilizing hand devices. While the barbs have a penetrating and grasping activity, reinforced steel makes it difficult to twist.
This product can be produced as single loop or cross loop. There are multiple blade designs that can be manufactured – BTO-18, BTO-22 & CBT-65
Barbed wire is fencing wire with pointed barbs at regular intervals along the central wire. It uses a fully automatic barbed wire machine to wrap the barb wire around the main line, which looks like a rope. And barbed wire has three kinds of commonly used twisting methods. Its sharp edge can frighten intruders and thieves, and it is available to combine with other fences for security barriers.
Difference between Concertina Razor Wire & Barbed Wire
The difference between both products can be done based on purpose and cost.
The edges of Concertina Razor Wire are very sharp. Hence in case of any trespassing, the sharp edges can rip and snag the clothes and even flesh of the intruder. This makes it difficult to break unless any special tool is available. In comparison, Barbed Wire edges do not cut flesh. However it can leave scratches. Hence this product may not work to prevent trespassing.
Razor Wire is more durable than Barbed Wire. Weather conditions cannot harm Razor Wire easily.
Installation of Barbed Wire is very easy and can be done single handedly. However, installation for Concertina Razor Wire requires professional assistance to make sharp bends.
Razor Wire is used in places of high security requirements hence it requires usage of high quality material. This makes the costs go higher in comparison to Barbed Wire.
Both these products are most commonly used in similar application because of its nature to provide security – Borders, Military areas, Prisons, Farms, Estates, Areas having chemical, radioactive or dangerous materials, Airports, Electricity and Water Plants.
Concertina Razor Wire
- Modern and economical way as perimeter barriers against illegal invasion to restricted areas.
- The attractive design in harmony with natural beauty.
- Fabricated from hot-dipped galvanized steel or stainless steel, high resistance to corrosion.
- A sharp blade with multiple profiles has piercing and gripping action, which performs psychological deterrent to intruders.
- Abrasion resistance for long service life. · Enclosed high tensile core wire makes it difficult to cut with standard tools.
- Provides much better security compared with traditional barbed wire.
- Easy installation and low maintenance.
- Sharp edge frightens intruders and thieves.
- High stability, rigidity, and tensile strength to prevent cutting or destroying.
- Anti-acid and alkali.
- Harsh environment resistance.
- Corrosion and rust resistance.
- Can be combined with other fences for advanced security barriers.
- Convenient installation and removal.
- Easy to maintain.
- Durable and long service life.
For more information visit our website Al Miqat Hardware.